Opening Day Celebration
Submitted By hbusseri on Monday, May 4, 2015
On Saturday, May 9th
the Oakville Minor Baseball Association will Host an Opening Day Celebration
for All Coaches and Players at Oakville Park.
The celebration will begin with a ceremonial parade of all players and coaches on the diamond of Oakville Park led by the Royal Canadian Air Cadets Marching band. Each team in full uniform will be announced as they enter the field and line up for the national anthem and speeches. We will conclude with the ceremonial first pitch by our assistant Mayor and march off the field.
At 1:00 pm our Showcase game of the Oakville A’s MEL team will take the field for there first home game. We encourage as many families to stay and watch the game.
All players will be treated to free hot dogs and sausage along with a beverage and ice cream. It should be a fun game for the family to see.
LOCATION: Oakville Park
Date: Saturday May 9th
Arrival Time: 10:45 AM
Attendees: All House League and Rep Players
Time: 11:00 am Lineup Begins, Starts at 11:30 am Sharp
Location: Soccer Field Trail behind School
Line Up Order:
· Royal Canadian Junior Air Cadets Colour guard
· House League by Division and Team, Youngest First (Coaches walk with Team)
· Rep League Led by Division Coaches walk with team
Parade Route: Starts on the trail behind the Diamonds. Enters the Outfield gates in the south east corner.
HOUSE LEAGUE COACHES ENCOURAGED TO DO!
· Team Building experience by each House League team Coach to distribute uniforms and create banners the week prior to opening day.
Colour Guard will lead followed by band,
Band set up on 3rd base line
Players set up across the edge of the infield
Welcome Players and Families
· Colour Guard
· Royal Canadian Junior Air Cadettes
· OMBA President Welcomes (Speech)
· Intro Board Members
· VP House League (Speech)
· VP Rep (Speech) Award Recognition
· Mayors and opening (Speech)
Presentation of Colors Royal Canadian Junior Air Cadets
Play National Anthem “Oh Canada”
Throw out First Pitch: Mayor
· Teams leave the same way as they came in
· Announcer needs to tell Parents to pick up players Coaches march off with teams led by band.
· Concessions are Opened