Baseball Oakville Announces Annual General Meeting Date
Submitted By hbusseri on Thursday, October 23, 2014
Oakville, Ontario (October 23,
2014) – The Oakville Minor Baseball Association
(Baseball Oakville), today announced that it will hold its annual general
meeting (the Meeting) on Monday, November 17, 2014. The Meeting will be held at 6:30 pm eastern
at Oakville Town Hall - Oakville Trafalgar Room, which is located at 1225
Items to Be Acted On at the Meeting
At the Meeting, voting members will be asked to vote on the following items:
- Approve the Financial Statements for the 2014 fiscal year
Amendments to Baseball Oakville’s Constitution: The proposed constitution will be made available at www.baseballoakville.com on or before October 31, 2014. The constitutional amendments will seek to restructure Baseball Oakville’s governance in the following ways:
- A hand out will be provided at the Meeting.
Election of Board Directors
- Strengthen accountability and transparency;
- Change the size of the Board of Directors, and give it more responsibility for oversight; and
- Clearly define the roles of Board Directors and the Executive.
- NOTE: Any Baseball Oakville member wishing to put his or her name forward as a Board Director is required to deliver to the Secretary of Baseball Oakville his or her nomination no later than seven (7) days prior to the November 17, 2014 Annual General Meeting.
Prior to voting, those attending the Meeting will receive a short presentation on the 2014 operating year in review and the go forward plans for Baseball Oakville from Andreas Papadopoulos (President), Tony Busseri (Acting Treasurer and VP Rep), and Rishi Bandhu (Secretary and Acting VP of House League).
“Name Our Facility” Winner
Baseball Oakville’s new Indoor Training Facility will be called, “Corbett’s Dugout – Home of Baseball Oakville”. Chris Bowles from the Oakville A’s, Bantam Tier 1 team was one of three Baseball Oakville members that suggested the Dugout and has won a baseball bat of his choice with a value up to $250.
Indoor Training Facility Open House
Baseball Oakville will be having an open house on Saturday, November 15, 2014 from 12 pm to 1:30 pm at Corbett’s Dugout – Home of Baseball Oakville.
Baseball Oakville is a non-profit association that provides baseball programs for more than 600 children throughout the Oakville Community. Hosting House League and Representative programs, the OMBA is the original youth baseball organization in Oakville having celebrated its 50th anniversary season in 2013. The OMBA is a member association of both the Ontario Baseball Association and Baseball Canada.
Andreas Papadopoulos, President